Blog Hill

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sending out Props to Peeps I Respect...

...and these people happen to be music artists.



I've been listening to:

  • Madonna's Erotica. "Cool" people underrate her.
  • Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds. Give him a few more years and hopefully he'll be up there with the Pop Greats.
  • Prince!!! 3121, which includes "Black Sweat". What more can I say?
  • Bjork's Post and Volta. I love that she is a weirdo. I identify with her. Both from a cold island of half a million people. Both Scandinavian. Both weird.
  • Cat Stevens
  • Billy Joel
  • Mika. Mika is girly, but he's a good singer. He could become a Freddy Mercury, but I wouldn't want to make too many uniformed, wild predictions.
  • Gwen Stefani, of course.
  • The Scissor Sisters, of course.
  • Others, but they're not really deserving of kudos or props.
Next post I'm going to post some photos of my Lego creations.

10 Comments:

  • you wish you were scandinavian ;)

    By Blogger Bron, At 12:04 PM  

  • lol

    By Blogger The Borg, At 12:21 PM  

  • [Craig reads list, feels somewhat depressed]

    ;-)

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 7:55 PM  

  • Any requests for the band at the Focus formal? (You may have to sing the song you request).

    By Blogger Jonny, At 12:16 AM  

  • [Angus reads list, feels somewhat like dancing...]

    Glad to see you're on the JT bandwagon! I'm not sure about Prince though...

    By Blogger Angus, At 6:01 PM  

  • Why am I not surprised that you like Bjork?

    By Blogger Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight), At 8:40 AM  

  • SHiloh, I agree with most of your choice, especially Bjork, who is a genious ( shgenuse), of course Cat and Billy and Mike. I am even starting to enjoy JT, but cannot get into Gwen, "now that you got it" sounds to me like cats screeching whilst scratching their claws down blackboards, sorry...;)

    By Blogger The Librarian, At 4:05 PM  

  • I like:

    Madonna
    Prince
    Bjork
    Cat Stevens
    The Scissor Sisters

    I haven't heard much of:

    Mika (but he sounds ok from what I have listened to)

    I dislike:

    Billy Joel
    Gwen Stefani
    Justin Timberlake

    By Blogger Cabernet Leather, At 11:26 PM  

  • jump on the Gwen Stefani train people! It's the only way to stop hating yourself for liking her singles...

    By Blogger Angus, At 1:42 PM  

  • Ha ha, good call Angus!

    By Blogger The Borg, At 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home