Blog Hill

Sunday, October 07, 2007

How To Drug Proof Your Kids




Hello folks.

The last few days or weeks have been difficult.

It doesn't matter if others think we haven't shown mercy, I think in the eyes of God we did the right thing. I hope, and may God have mercy on us if we haven't. It was a hard decision, but our safety came out on top. We did show mercy, but our resources are finite and we simply were not prepared for what happened or equipped to cope with it.

Thank you to everyone who helped out my housemates and I during this difficult time. Praise be to God for keeping us safe, and I pray that He would have mercy on the man we won't see for a while.

I've learnt a thing or two about drugs, people, spiritual battles and how practical Christian living is difficult and complex.

7 Comments:

  • What you tried and what you did was most commendable

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:33 PM  

  • Thanks Anon.

    By Blogger The Borg, At 1:14 PM  

  • I've been praying for you guys about this, hope life returns to normal now. I think you went "beyond the call" here, so I wouldn't worry about what others think.

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 3:58 PM  

  • We had a similar situation at our share house. The guy ended up in hospital but was allowed to visit us accompanied by his nurse to give us a thankyou note and some chocolates.

    By Blogger Jonny, At 6:13 PM  

  • You still haven't told me how to drug-proof my kids though...

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 7:56 PM  

  • Easy. Have them look after a drug addict for a day.

    By Blogger The Borg, At 10:30 PM  

  • Thanks to you all for not only being good, but also being generous. This is where I - and I think lots of people - fall.

    When we were having tea that night, I was glad to hear you go from speaking about the man with a bit of Aussie bagging-out to an obvious love and care for him. It was a lovely witness.

    By Blogger fional, At 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home