Blog Hill

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Is the Internet Ephemera?

In my spare time, I draw on Facebook's Graffiti application. It's pretty limited, there's no zooming or cut and pasting or any special effects. You draw with a mouse. So the challenge is to create something with the limited tools avaliable (different size brushes, varying opacities and a palate of colours).

So my graffiti doesn't get lost in the ether, I've decided to post some of my efforts.

But first, here's one Shelley did.



This one summarises my scrabble addiction.



The Sahara, but that could also be a dinosaur. You choose.



This is Alex and Shelley's cat Possum. This is accurate.



This is a scene from a little Surrealist comic I drew, based on the frustration I sometimes have of "where do I put my arms when I am trying to sleep??"






An elephant of surprise. Tracey gets credit for the phrase and alternate meaning.



I drew this one for the font-obsessed graphic designer Luke Nelson.






"I thought it was sparodoriphic, David!"


Another scene from that comic.




My favourite.

7 Comments:

  • I love them! The surrealist ones remind me of Le Petit Prince. Loved the David and Margaret - it's perfect! And the pink and purple sunset one is awesome.

    By Blogger Bron, At 10:32 PM  

  • Thanks Bron!

    I haven't read the Little Prince yet, but I shall have to. :)

    By Blogger The Borg, At 10:46 PM  

  • The landscape ones are fabulous, just beautiful...

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 10:58 PM  

  • The pictures are all very good.

    There is zoom if you wanted to take more time with it. Right click from memory.

    By Blogger Jonny, At 12:57 PM  

  • Thanks Jonny. And wow, thanks for the advice. Zoom just changed my life!

    By Blogger The Borg, At 3:02 PM  

  • You know what's funny (I'm not sure "funny" is the right word), but in German there is actually a word for a "gay gypsy jew pig dog".

    By Blogger The Borg, At 10:52 PM  

  • I love them too, wow, the last one is intense...

    By Blogger The Librarian, At 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home