Blog Hill

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Would You Trust Me With Your Children?

Have you seen the Hobart airport recently?



Well, now you have. It looks like a real airport now.

Here's a salad I made in Melbourne at my brothers' place. Baby spinach, cashews, feta, grape tomatoes, avocado and roasted pumpkin (plus chicken, if you wish). Add balsamic vinegar.


This is my cousin Phil (from England. Alex's little sister, for those who have met her) with said salad.


In Melbourne we played paintball. When a paintball hits you and doesn't splatter, it hurts like hell, and delivers these bruises:


I have a few more of these, but it would put us in a compromising situation if I showed you. Paintball "markers" (guns in PC) are classified as weapons, so we had to sign a waiver and were outfitted in starship trooper gear. I wouldn't want to wear it on a real battle field. Instead, a light weight Kevlar vest would do just fine. I don't know how the boys do it in fatigues.


I drew these for the Cornerpebbles to colour in. We did the story of the Garden of Eden.

"Where did evil come from?"

"I don't know the answer to that question."







Getting the theology right is tough and a huge responsibility, with fragile souls in our care. I need to pray for Cornerpebble more than I do.

Note the theology in the second drawing above. Adam looks on, failing to stop Eve from disobeying God, thus committing the first sin by not taking responsibility for his wife's actions.

9 Comments:

  • So you made up amply for missing out on the FOCUS shoot out.

    By Blogger BSJ-rom, At 8:41 AM  

  • Great pix! The chicken and gopher look so sad after the fall, very cute.

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 8:48 AM  

  • hehe, just like a real airport but without the people...

    --anon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:14 PM  

  • No, it was absolutely chockers with people, but I asked them to move out of the way for the photo.

    By Blogger The Borg, At 3:26 PM  

  • "Where did evil come from?"

    "I don't know the answer to that question."


    Good answer. (Seriously)

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 9:33 PM  

  • The pictures are lovely, and the theology is interesting.

    You're suggesting that the first sin was Adam's, not Eve's (cf 1 Timothy 2:14); and that this sin wasn't eating the fruit (cf Genesis 3), but not "taking responsibility for his wife's actions."

    Interesting idea, but seems a bit unorthodox.

    By Blogger Radagast, At 5:53 PM  

  • and the theology is interesting

    Translation - "You get the matches, I'll tie her to the stake"

    ;-)

    By Blogger Craig Schwarze, At 11:40 PM  

  • No, radagast is too kind to burn anyone, hey wait that sounds like he isn't THAT kind at all..

    I think the theology is pretty right

    Well, she took the fruit, ate it, then went to adam, "Look at this rad fruit!".

    Instead of saying, "Honey, remember when the Lord of all the earth told us not to eat that? we'd better fess' up and I'm not having any thanks".

    No, it was..
    "Gee, that fruit really brings out eve's eyes..." yum!

    The woman went ahead without conferring with the man and the man coppped out of taking responsibility...

    "It was the women you put with me..."

    By Blogger The Librarian, At 10:49 AM  

  • Hey, I'm not about to burn anyone at a stake, let alone Shy!

    Come to think of it, I don't even OWN a stake.

    I think Donners describes the situation extremely well -- I was just commenting on the specific point Shy seemed to be making with her drawing #2, where Adam watches Eve sinning, rather than the more conventional image of Eve handing Adam a half-eaten apple.

    By Blogger Radagast, At 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home